THE 2019 SEASON IS DONE!
Bishop's Orchard once again served as an ideal race to crown champions in multiple CTCX fields. The podiums for the Single Speed category, the Master's 50+, the Cat3,4,5 women, and the Cat3 and 4 fields, all were decided at the final race.
For a rundown on the category champions, CLICK HERE.
If you'd like to participate in a short survey about the 2019 CTCX,
The 2019 schedule is:
UPDATES AND IMPROVEMENTS
The series brings some exciting changes to the cyclocross season this year. Here are some of the highlights:
1. Category 5 racers will have a race of their own. It will be the first race of the day.
2. The podium for the Cat3/4 race will be for Category 4 riders only. Category 3 riders will be scored and will be eligible for prizes, but will not be eligible for the podium.
3. Category 3 riders will have their podium from the Cat1-3 race. The CTCX Category 3 series will be scored from the Pro1-3.
4. The CTCX now offers a "dropped race rule." Your lowest score does not count toward your overall series score. "Did not Start" or skipped races count as the lowest score.
5. Racers must start 5 of the seven events to be eligible for series prizes.
6. Instead of cash prizes for series winners, the top 3 in each field will receive special "Champion's Chalices". Big thank you to Rob Stiles and the Stage 1 team for coordinating the prizes!
For series rules and scoring methods, CLICK HERE
Once again, a big round of thanks goes to Shimano, for supplying the races of the series with course tape.
Thank you to the CCAP, for doing such a great job in increasing youth participation across the board in all the races.